Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympic Challenge ...continued




A lovely sunny day here in the Great Southlands and perfect for taking snaps of quilts.

Here are the rest of the 5 quilts I have finished during the Olympics. The pink thing is a sample from a few years back, the Magic 9 Patch is because I had to make one as well as everyone else and the "house" quilt has been in my glory box waiting for a little girl to come along. Well finally she did so is will be delivered to Miss Maggie in a few days time for when she gets into her cot.

I have called it "The Corn is as High as an Elephant's Eye" because the vines that I quilted ended up looking like corn stalks instead of ivy, so I also quilted corn cobs into it!
I'm quite proud of the quilting on this- I don't do a lot of machine (or hand) quilting myself as my hands are succumbing to over 25 years of handwork - sigghhhh!!!!!
This is the size of a cot quilt, easily fitted under the machine so I decided to have a go myself.

No comments: