Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Antique Quilts

I have a small collection of old quilts - only one was purchased outside Tasmania.


In a few weeks I have been asked to give a talk about them to members of the Tasmanian Quilting Guild
It's also the AGM. (I hope they've got all of their nominations organised)

It will be good for the quilts to have an airing and be re-folded, they will appreciate it!

Now I don't have a lot to say about them as none of them have recorded history. I thought I had 11 plus a tea cosy, but I have discovered another one I'd forgotten to list in the National Quilt Register

I wonder if I will find any more surprises?


Anyhow, here are a few shots of the one I "discovered", the centre medallion and the back. There's quilting on the back BUT not on the pieced front! Does that mean that an older quilt was sewn to a newly pieced front? The art of making do and fixing up?


I will talk more about my old quilts once I get them out and digitally photographed.


No comments: