Sunday, September 16, 2007

Doors Open


Graeme's Rotary Club have an annual "Doors Open" day, when we can get in to see inside buildings not usually open to the public.
In previous year I have been working so this year was the first time I have been able to participate, except for the first year when I saw inside the Synagogue that is only 2 doors up from the shop.
I saw inside the Buddhist Centre,which used to be a Methodist Church, City Park Radio, which is the beautiful old cottage that was built for the park caretaker, the Masonic building, Trinity Church (used to be Methodist too- what is it with us Methodists?) and the Gorge Caretaker's cottage.
I also went to Esk Market and bought bikkies, had coffee and muffins at the cafe behind Albert Hall, walked through the park taking photos and in between all that, came home and got in washing and ironed all that needed doing.

I tried to decide what to show to represent today and chose the Gorge Cottage. I drive past it at least twice a day. The Launceston City Council own it and it's used for visiting artists to live in as part of Artists in Residency programs.

No comments: