Thursday, October 4, 2007

Scatterday C


Scatterday C, originally uploaded by FranW.

I'm getting in early this weekend as I'm off on retreat with Tas. SCQuilters.

My sewing area is still not done, it needs thinking about, but I have sorted my scraps!


Hobbies- now I was really in the pink here as Graeme and I have several each but starting with "C", Collecting would win hands down!
He collects Cards (postcards) - all neatly placed in albums in the Cupboard that used to grace an early 1900's Tasmanian classroom - a Library cupboard.
I collect many things, 2 shown here -Chintz China and Campbell's Pottery. The Winton Chintz designs are "Quilt" and "Tartan".
Campbell's Pottery was located in Launceston in the street where Graeme boarded when he first came into town to work.
I also collect Antique quilts, Doulton "April" china, and sewing boxes.I seem to have a big Collection of my quilts too :-)(This is more than anyone needs to know!)


For Furniture I am presenting the under-rated Card Table. It sits beside the computer when I have lots of paperwork that can't fit on the desk.
I also have a Cake Stand, from early golden days when afternoon teas were de-rigeur and this was carried around for our selection.
It folds up flat when hot in use. (If you look carefully you will see dust marks from the clutter I removed) (Just noticed that the handle is cropped and my jug spout is missing, I still can't work out how to get a whole picture on this blob!)


Lastly, Pizza Toppings. I am still not very brave so this was taken undercover in the supermarket. I was in fear of someone asking me if I was a Capsicum spy! I had also planned on getting Chillies and Cheese, but time ran out.

8 comments:

Dy said...

I like that tartan chintz jug. You're braver than me, I don't think I'd ever have the courage to take a photo inside a shop in case someone got cross with me!

Fran said...

THanks, and you were looking too early! LOL

Pennie said...

I didn't look too early Fran just early on Saturday and you are the only one other than me who has their's up! Love the jugs... and don't be afraid of taking photos in shops... I'm as shy as anything but if I ask nicely they always stand there and smile wanting to be in the photo LOL Pennie

Michelle Watters said...

Well done Fran. I do love that chintz china. And don't be afraid of getting out there and taking photos. I don't even ask.

Christina said...

Congrats I am not sure I would be brave enough to take photos in a shop either
Christina

Liz Needle said...

Just love that chintz china. I have never seen any in my pottering through antique shops. have to look more closely.
I like your pizza topping choice

Di's SnippitS said...

Great choices Fran. Fantastic that the Collections got a mention.

Di said...

Great collections, Fran. I keep getting caught with the cropping thing too. Must learn to take square photos! Cheers, Di